Originally licensed to Eureka, this award-winning design is currently out of production.
If you would like to license this design contact us at info [at] blueskydesigns.us
Watch live demos on YouTube!
Eureka! licensed one of the resulting designs of the accessible tents project.
The Freedom tent’s key elements which improve accessibility are the door, which is zipperless, and can be opened with minimal dexterity, and the vestibule, which offers a protected area in which to store equipment.
Freedom Tent Features and Benefits:
- patented zipperless door
- easy access door requires minimal dexterity and reach
- 32″ door opening with flush entry
- can be set up from seated position
- can roll in bikes, strollers, wheelchairs
- large usable vestibule area
- mesh roof with removable fly
- flexibility for multiple uses
- window/side entry doors in sleeping area
Who It's For
“We would highly recommend this tent to anyone with disabilities, as well as those with arthritis or anyone in need of additional storage and added features (such as the side doors) in their tent design.”
-Craig Kennedy and Andrea Jehn, Access Anything, LLC
Originally licensed to and manufactured by EUREKA!
Manufactured from 2005-2012
If you are interested in licensing the design please contact us.
The da Vinci Award 2006
The da Vinci Awards recognize individuals, organizations and corporations in the engineering, construction and technical fields whose design innovations have exceeded legally mandated requirements, such as the Americans with Disabilities Act, to further empower people with disabilities.
- Goodwin D., S. Rovig, and K. Kinney, inventors; BlueSky Designs, Inc., assignee. 2003. Collapsible Structure with Door Mechanism. U.S. Patent 7588045 B2
- Goodwin D., S. Rovig, and K. Kinney inventors; BlueSky Designs, Inc., assignee. 2007. Tent Pole Brackets and Methods of Use. U.S. Patent 7228867
- Goodwin D., S. Rovig, and K. Kinney, inventors; BlueSky Designs, Inc., assignee. 2006. Tent. U.S. Patent D516,155
- Goodwin D., S. Rovig, and K. Kinney, inventors; BlueSky Designs, Inc., assignee. 2006. Tent and Fly. U.S. Patent D519,595